If you’ve seen my previous post then you already know I had a creamy greenish dip next to my baked sweet potatoe fries…a creamy avocado dip….which was homemade (d’oh!) and it only took about 10 minutes to have it ready.
I would want to say that I hate mayo, but I don’t want to be to harsh since I do tolerate it when it’s combined with other ingredients. Ketchup is perfectly fine, but it became rather boring and unappealing when there are so many recipes out there for a variety of dressings or dips. And if I can mash some vegetable in it it’s even better. This should explain my huge excitement for just a little bowl of cream .
It can be served with chips, nachos, baked fries or any grilled meat you want. And it contains a good amount of avocado which will nourish your body with all the good stuff …always the advocate for this amazing fruit….I’ll wake up one morning and find myself with green skin of all the amount I’m gulping in. I actually managed to convert my friend last week and shipped her back to Romania to spread the word .
One important note on it: do not leave out the garlic! I forgot it once (when I was actually trying to impress a friend with my discovery ) and it was just not the same (needless to say, she was not impressed ).
So for you next grilling or casual party add this super yummy avocado dip and you will not regret it .
My tips on avocado:
- a ripe avocado should be soft to the touch, but not too soft or mushy
- remove the little button it has on the top: Green = ripe, Brown = spoiled
- if you buy a hard avocado, leave it at room temperature on the kitchen counter for 3-5 days until it’s ready and becomes soft, then I store it in the fridge until I use it
How to peel an avocado here
1 ripe avocado, stoned and peeled
3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
2 cloves garlic
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
½ tablespoon lemon juice
Pinch of salt and pepper
Yields 1 small bowl
- Peel avocado, remove stone and slice it.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix everything with a hand blender until smooth and creamy.
All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.